Sunday, May 06, 2012

Who still believes in global warming?

So I was blissfully snoozing away in my ex-blogging slumber, when a sudden ruckus on the internet woke me up. Evidently some anti-science thinktank in the US has been putting billboards up featuring pictures of people who refuse to reject reality. I don’t really see why anyone would want to do this, other than perhaps an open invitation to be mocked by the entire internet, but I’m not complaining. After all, it is a free country.
What I don’t understand, however, is the associated backlash. What is is about the following billboard that everyone finds so offensive?

2 comments:

C W Magee said...

I should point out that there are rumors that this sign was just the first in a series. So if anyone discovers any followup billboards, featuring residents of the 9th ward, or eskimos missing their Arctic Ocean beaches, feel free to post a link below.

T.O.M. said...

This is the replacement picture, the original ones that were pulled right quick featured Osama, Unabomber and Hitler, with equally matching texts.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2012/05/04/ladies-and-gentlemen-i-give-you-demagoguery/