According to the federal government of the United States of America*, ice is a liquid. This classification has a number of implications for Earth and planetary sciences, the study of which is often funded by the same federal government. A few of these are:
- Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto are water worlds, completely covered in ocean.
- The various Mars probes have found unequivocal evidence for liquid water on modern Mars, both in the northern polar cap and in the subsurface below the Phoenix probe.
- It is too late to stop anthropogenic climate change from melting Earth’s polar ice caps; they are liquid already.
- Ice sheets and floods can’t possibly be geologically distinguishable, as they are the same process.
- The Snowball Earth hypothesis is an exercise in semantics
- The Titanic must have been sunk by a conspiracy theory.